Sunday, November 8, 2009

Nanowrimo 2009- The Sagging Middle

Jeepers, I'm there.

I am this pig's third nipple.

8 days into Nanowrimo, I'm 24k words strong. I've written the beginning, and I know the end. I can't, for the life of me, write what actually happens to get from Point A to B.

My characters are sitting around with their thumbs up their asses and talking in circles.

Could I be running out of plot?

No... that's not it. There's still quite a few scenes and an entire subplot that I haven't even touched.

I think I f*cked up by going too fast, exposed too much too soon, and now I can't figure out how to get them from uh... here to er... there.

Something along the lines of a broken bridge. There's another fertile groud on the other side - a whole story that I need to explore.

If I can just get past this hump.

Stumped.

Check back with me tomorrow to see where I am. It's almost 5pm and I'm going to tackle this issue for the next few hours.

No comments: