Sunday, October 25, 2009

Nanowrimo 2009 - Work Life: when Doubt starts marching in...

November things to do at work:

Thing to do: Publish two seperate catalogs
Deadline: Get it to Press by 11/24
Plan: Break out the whip and chase around minions until they get it done.

Thing to do: Update website for new selling season
Deadline: 11/15
Plan: Chase Webmaster around building until he gets it done.

Thing to do: Give annual review for one aforementioned minion.
Deadline: Before 11/30
Plan: Big sigh, minimum raises across the board due to economy. I hope she takes it well, she deserves so much more.

Thing to do: Prepare powerpoint and present marketing objectives at Sales Meeting
Deadline: Mock up due to Senior VP before Thanksgiving. Actual presentation, first week of December.
Plan: Gotta suck this one up all by myself. I can't think about this right now, I'll start having anxiety attacks. You know how people say practice makes public speaking easier? I've found that to be completely untrue. I do these things once a quarter and feel like I get worse and worse every single time. *Big Sigh*

Don't think I'll be doing much Nano-ing at work... I'll be lucky if I don't have to work nights or weekends.

No comments: